Wednesday, January 5

Credit Union Telephone Service
It is a new year and time to strike back at those systems and things that aggravate a man's soul. We were not put on this earth to be abused by businesses that won't put a human being on the phone when we call. I understand efficiency, but I also learned almost sixty years ago that the customer is number one - or ought to be. Herewith my opening salvo in this year's first crusade. If you have similar or dissimilar thoughts send them to me for posting on my blog.

January 5, 2005

Chairman, Supervisory Committee
SC Federal Credit Union
PO Box 190012
North Charleston 29419-9012

Dear Sir,

Again today, I had to call the Credit Union to tell them that we could not access our iTeller statements after receiving e-mail messages that the statements were available. The computer system was not responding for statements until after 12:30 in the day.

The main thrust of this letter is to express my aggravation at the automated telephone answering system in use by the Credit Union. This system may be the cat’s meow to some employee technical geek who thinks he or she has brought the Credit Union into the 21st century but from a user’s standpoint, it is a blood pressure raising aggravation designed to increase the frustration level. The voice recording the messages is an irritation and the number of buttons you have to press to get anything done is ridiculous.

I do not call the credit union much anymore because you cannot talk to an individual unless you wade through the automated system. It occurs to me that if the next time I have to call the system is not improved, then my family will be better served by moving our accounts elsewhere.

Cordially,

Francis X. Archibald

#241 (05-02)

E-mail your comments
Check archives on left for earlier postings.