Tuesday, October 19

Endorsement
The New York Times (Kerry) and The Chicago Tribune (Bush) have each endorsed a candidate for president, so it is time for me to chime in. For me it is an easy choice. I believe as Senator John Kerry does that: America is strongest when we seek out and work with allies around the world; the country was rushed to war in Iraq and had no plan (and has none) to secure the peace; parts of the Patriot Act diminsh our personal freedom and rights; Social Security ought not to be privatized and trimming the deficit is an absolute must. Also, Senator Kerry went back for and saved Jim Rassman's life in Vietnam, honoring the principle set by General Sherman who once wrote to General Grant that if he were in trouble on the battlefield he was confident Grant would come for him. This kind of courage goes a long way with me. I urge a vote for Senator Kerry on November 2.
#225 (04-74)
E-mail your comments
Check archives on left for earlier postings.