Sunday, February 15

Out with the old..in with the new computer





One night last week I believed the power supply in my seven-year old computer had died and I ordered a new one on overnight delivery so I could get up and running in a minimum amount of time. The new power supply is to the left in the first picture. I switched each of the hookups and cable connectors as I went along to avoid confusion. One out from the old and one in from the new, as in the second photo. 
Alas, this did not restore the computer and additional trouble shooting convinced me the motherboard had failed and is was time for a new computer. 
So it was off to Best Buy and a new selection. I chose a HP Pavilion, Special Edition and topped it off with a HP w2408h Wide Screen monitor which can be used horizontally or vertically - as in picture number 3. In this mode one can see an entire printed page (81/2 X11) without scrolling. 
Right now I am enjoying this capability. Whether I stay with it or go back to the traditional horizontal image will work itself out.