Monday, September 1

Response on "Labor Day"
Very good and appreciated. Would like to let you know in fairness that there was an article in yesterday's Post & Courier on Labor Day and its meaning. I had gotten a call from a reporter who had seen a letter to the editor I had written about a month ago and started to question the meaning behind Labor Day It was on the front page of one of the sections (I think the Life Section) I had sent in an editorial also which they did not print. At the ILA picnic today there were some politicians . I saw the following: Inez Tenenbaum, Mayor Riley, Jimmy Bailey, David Mack, Floyd Breeland, Seth Whipper, Senator Ford, Congressman Clyburn, and reverend Sharpton, and a young man running for CPW. It is also good to read your emails. Thank you and hope you enjoyed your Labor Day.
Erin McKee
Pres. Charleston Labor Council

Dear Arch,

I'm happy to report that, here on the Grand Strand, a community known for its success in keeping the unions out of the hospitality industry and, thus, low wages and minimal benefits, the "Sun News," our local paper, did run a tribute to those of us who work on holidays so others can relax.

Jon

My dad always said labor day was his favorite holiday because it was for the 'working man.'
Our family always celebrated with a trip to the lake or a cookout at home.
Yesterday found me scrubbing and painting a vacant rental unit, but thinking of dad.

Rose Mary

If not already there, visit my website.
E-mail your comments
#142