Thursday, July 29

More on donuts
On July 26, (see below) I commented on the more than a 1,000 donut shops in Boston and asked how many were in other areas. Here are some edited replies I received:

Las Vegas – Thirty-one, enough for the locals and the 50,000 tourists here daily.

Virginia – I don’t drink coffee and I don’t eat donuts. Have to meet my friends on a park bench.

Boston – I visited Atlanta a few years ago and went out in the morning to fetch some donuts, a usual thing back home. An hour later, I returned to my worried friends empty-handed. No donut shops.

South Carolina - The South Strand Krispy Kreme has been here for years and a new Dunkin' opened this spring.  Murrells Inlet remains the "Seafood Capitol of South Carolina" but I guess this makes Garden City Beach the "Donut Capitol."


South Carolina – I like a Starbucks in Hanahan…us yokels like good coffee too.

South Carolina – Do Bostonians enjoy Krispy Kreme as much as people in other parts of the country do?

South Carolina – Does Columbia still have a Dunkin’s shop? A favorite of mine years ago when traveling with the kids and the high school band.

South Carolina – I went to Myrtle Beach recently and noted many Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts shops. I must have counted at least 20 and could not believe it.

South Carolina – Three in our area (North Charleston) closed…and you have to travel far to get a donut.  BTW: The Krispy Kreme shop on Rivers across from the Naval hospital was where they made all the donuts that the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, schools and different organizations sold to raise money.  It was a pretty good fund raiser! 

#205 (04-54) 
E-mail your comments
Check archives on left for earlier postings.