Thursday, December 28

Ford neglects customer service

One of the reasons Ford is in the tank and close to being flushed down:

At the local Ford dealer I bought a replacement battery for a Ford Ranger ($89,00) I asked also to buy a clamp for the neutral (-) post to replace a rusted, broken one, estimated price $3.00. The salesman told me Ford doesn’t supply/sell these and I should go to Pep Boys or some such and buy one. At the local store the only available clamps required me to cut off the end of my cable, strip the wire, and attach the new clamp by compressing or soldering. All of which is, in my case, I considered unnecessary. I went to a second store and bought a clamp and my neighbor helped me modify it to work with the new battery and old cable without cutting the cable etc.

Attention to the little things made Ford great; inattention is going to help sink it.