Saturday, June 20

Happy Father's Day to all Fathers



Some memories of father hood:
When our family was growing up my two oldest sons would sit at the supper table and swear on their mother's cheeseburgers and coke they would never be like their father and wear a blue pin-striped suit and wing-tips to work every day. Fast forward a decade or better and one of them met his brother at work one day and said, "Christ, look at us. We've become Dad - pin stripes and wing-tips."
On Friday I was exercise walking around six in the morning. I met a man pushing a stroller that carried a small boy. I told him I had to know: did he wake up the baby and take him out for a walk or did the baby wake him up? He laughed and said the boy woke him up.
Another of my sons used to take his son for a ride in the car in the early evening if the child could not get to sleep. A few blocks and the boy was off to lulu land for the night.
I hope all of you out there who are fathers have a nice day on this Father's Day, 2009.