Wednesday, September 30

Boston - Home of the bean and the cod




Had a busy weekend. Traveled to Northern Virginia and visited with two of my sons, went on to Boston with my second son where we met my sister and her friend and toured Fenway Park, ate a great dinner (real New England clam chowder, baked scrod and baked Alaska for desert) at Anthony’s Pier 4 and sat in Section 26 at Fenway as the Red Sox battled the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday night. Tuesday, we returned to Boston from North Chelmsford, where we spent the night at my sister’s home, normally a 40 minute drive even in morning traffic. It took 90 minutes to complete the trip on a grid-locked Route 3 and I-93 (cars moved so slow a twit in front of us read the paper and drove simultaneously). At Logan Airport my son and I jumped out of the car, I handed my bag to an airline representative, dashed to and sweated through Homeland Security screening and ran to the gate with my shoes untied. We arrived just as they were about to close the door. We boarded the plane, took our seats, looked across the aisle at each other and laughed. Great adventure!
A collection of my pictures may be found at Fenway Park (Click on link.)

I also updated progress on the Woodside Apartment project at Franke at Seaside with some recent photos. (Click on link.)