Thursday, July 8

It came in the mail


Today I received a canvass survey document from the National Republican Congressional Committee asking my view "as a Republican leader" on 20 questions ranging from Obama and Nancy Pelosi's alleged "soft-on-defense, reckless spending, higher taxes, and expansive Big Government policies" to whether or not I believe it important "to remove Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House."
It cost the NRCC eight-cents to mail this survey to me, although in the part where they asked for money they said it would cost $11 to tabulate and process my survey.
They asked for this amount and another $100 so they could mail 211 more survey documents to registered Republicans.
On the oft-chance they might have hit the mother load they also had a place on the survey where I could checkoff and send $1,000, if I was so inclined. And of, course, if I wanted to, I could put this contribution on my credit card, (and probably earn frequent flier miles and pay 18% interest on the outstanding balance.)
Wouldn't you know it, however, this survey arrived just a few days after I had planned to send the same $1,000 to Nancy Peolsi to help her continue her sterling leadership in the House of Representatives.
As to the policies of the Obama administration, they may not all be 100% right or perfect but in the past two years they have been a breath of fresh air.
This canvass survey is so loaded with pre-judged, anti-Obama, anti-Democrat, unfair and biased questions that I checked the box saying I supported Peolsi and sent it back to the NRCC in their postage paid envelope. It will cost them about 49 cents to open that envelope.
(From my blog.)