Sunday, August 15

How Millennial R U?


On a Sunday morning when it continues to rain as it has since long before dawn I went to the Pew Research Center and looked at a few studies and issues currently under scrutiny. Among these was a short quiz, How Millennial Are You?
The quiz measures how much the quiz taker has in common with the Millennial generation, i.e those born since 1981. It also measures your standing with other groups: Silent generation (born 1928-1945), baby boomer (1946-1964), gen Xer (1965-1980).
I scored 52 which put me closer to the Millennial generation than any other group. My basic group, based on date of birth, would have been the silent generation and I was separated by 48 points from that group. The Pew researchers conclude that the higher your score, the more you have in common with the Millennial generation.
Who is to say if this is all good or bad one way or the other, but it does make me feel good to realize I am closer to the generation which will carve our future than tied to the past.
I also took the Science Knowledge Quiz and answered only eight out of twelve questions correctly. This tells me I need to spend more time watching PBS than HBO.
(To tour the complete blog click here.)