Friday, May 10

A new credit union experience

The capabilities of the world wide web and the tel-communications industry continue to amaze me. A credit union where I do business allows customers to scan a check and have it deposited almost instantly in an account. This new service came to my attention about a week ago. Yesterday, for the first time, I had an opportunity to use it. The whole process went smoothly and in a couple of hours the check was credited to my account. I am required to hold the check for 60 days. No more going to the physical site of the CU, no more standing in line, and no more mailing for a simple task. I think the whole process shows imagination and a willingness to innovate. 
(Complete blog here.)
(To opt out of future blog entries send "Delete" to arch@archibald99.com)