Friday, August 21

My Friend Pastor Sherry

Earlier this week I was in the Riviera at Seaside Apartment complex in Mt. Pleasant visiting one of my sons who is staying there in a Stalin era architectural style apartment while he and his wife decide where they will buy a new home. 

This business and residential community is next to Franke at Seaside where I lived prior to my marriage in March 2013. I stopped by to visit my good and dear friend Pastor Sherry Owensby-Sikes, the Lutheran Minister in residence at Franke. I knew she has been battling cancer for the third time in her life, and I was extremely pleased to see her positive, outgoing, "this can be licked" attitude.

Pastor Sherry was wearing a turban and she asked if I wanted to see her head. "Yes," I said, and she removed the turban.  We laughed. Then she called a co-worker to come to her office and take this picture of two baldies. The good part is her hair is starting to grow back in but it is too late for me. Before I saved my head I had that General MacArthur style of hair where three strands were combed over to the side. Gauche in this day and age.

My good and dear friend, Pastor Sherry

My prayer and that of all our friends at Franke and elsewhere are for Pstor Sherry's fight against this latest challenge. We are confident if it can be overcome, she will do it.
God Bless.

Send comments here.