Thursday, October 3

Renovating till my birthday
Within a couple of weeks of our return from Canada (see 8/21/2002, below) we started to renovate my study and the family TV area. This week we are almost finished, needing only to get some furniture, blinds for the windows, and hang pictures. Except for the painting this was a DIY job. We put in an engineered floor and while it was a tough, four-day job it has turned out well. We also installed four French doors (two operative) to separate the two areas and allow some privacy. The choice of colors, while initially seemingly brash, is softer and more pleasing to the eye after re-installing the book shelves, desk and furniture. I converted my old desk and credenza into a computer work area by enlarging the credenza top. I had a new top made using walnut planks joined together (72" x 20") and fastened it to the original base and desk. Yesterday was my 71st birthday and I admit to that age only because I feel good and life is good. Being still able to do the work involved in this renovation is a pleasure. Next week I will amend this entry with a picture or two. I am waiting on furniture.


If not already there, visit my website.
E-mail your comments
#88