Wednesday, October 30

Short-circuit at Circuit City
The new Circuit City location in North Charleston, SC, opened formally this afternoon at 6 p.m. I was there at 5:10 p.m. and was shocked to find close to 400 people already in line. Some were sitting in lawn chairs, at least one was in a wheelchair and others were eating and drinking out of picnic coolers. In the paper this morning, CC advertised they would give a free DVD player to the first 100 people in line. I believe tickets for the new James Bond movie are also being given away. I actually thought by getting there 50 minutes early I would have a shot at one of the DVDs. Who knew that many people would be reading the paper this morning? Don't these people have morning jobs? Anyway, I turned my Lincoln (Ford Co. motto: "There are those who travel. And those who travel well.") around and parked discreetly near the mess hall (aka: K&W Cafeteria) and went in for my dinner. I treated myself to a slice of apple pie since I wasn't going to get a free DVD player.

If not already there, visit my website.
E-mail your comments
#95