Saturday, August 31

The 4th Stent

"The 4th Stent" sounds like a great title for a novel by a contemporary spy author. It is, however, what was put in me on August 28th by an excellent and aggressive cardiologist, Dr. Matthew B. O'Steen, Charleston, SC. This stent went in the artery in my right kidney and followed on two in the left kidney and one in the LAD in my heart. All of this by Dr. O'Steen since April. Needless to say I am feeling much better, my wife, Joyce, says my color is much improved and most importantly indications are that my blood pressure has gone down. This has been a major concern for quite awhile.
The work was done in Roper-St. Francis Hospital in Charleston and the recovery room nurse, Jessie, was great. A patient could not ask to have a better one. 
All was not medical on this trip from Hilton Head to Charleston. On the day before the procedure we went to dinner at California Dreaming and then drove to Folly Beach to show Joyce the famous pier. It was a good night to go. Around 7 pm there were some people enjoying swimming, fishing and playing volleyball on the beach. We took the usual array of photos. 
It made me feel good to see these people having a great time and to see Joyce enjoy some new sights and sounds of South Carolina. It was a good couple of days.

(For the full blog go here.)

(To opt out send e-mail: arch@archibald99.com)