Sunday, October 26

Madrac Farms - A pleasant Saturday Trip


There is always something new to do in life. Over the weekend I made a trip to a pumpkin farm on Ralph Rahn Road in Rincon, Georgia. My wife, Joyce, and her step-daughter, Perry McGuiness,visiting from Minnesota, also made the trip.
I bought tickets for the farm in late September through one of those Groupon e-mails offering dollars off the admission. I originally planned to use them in early October when a couple of my sons were visiting. Time was against us on that occasion.
When I saw the site one thought that occurred was how the owner(s) of the farm were maximizing their investment. In addition to raising crops of corn, sunflowers, and pumpkins for sale, they were using them as backdrops to a fun time and pleasurably experience for adults and children. Especially children. The corn and sunflower crops had already been harvested. Loads of pumpkins were already gone to market but the patch had enough left to remain as the main attraction. The rest of the story can be told best by pictures:

Joyce and Perry

Joyce and the Blogger

Into the maze of the maize.

The Sunflower Patch

Perry in the hay wagon; a converted peanut wagon.

The little ones experienced the ride.

Posing for a picture for the family album. 

Kids enjoy having their face painted.

This is me coming down the slide as Perry cheers me on.

Visitors were invited to pick their own pumpkin.

A sight to enjoy and remember: Madrac's Pumpkin Farm.